Coconut Breaded Chicken
with Crunchy Fruit Sauce
- 1 2/3 cups slaw-type dressing, divided
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup
- 1/3 cup cucumber, remove seeds, chop and drain on paper towel
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sauce: Mix together 2/3 cup slaw dressing, apricot preserves, chopped pecans
and chopped cucumber; set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and flaked coconut together.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Spoon remaining 1 cup slaw dressing
over each piece, and roll the pieces in the breadcrumb/coconut mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is
- Serve chicken with sauce on the side.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Recipe and photograph by T. Marzetti Company.
used with permission from
the Association for Dressings and Sauces.