Coconut Breaded Chicken
with Crunchy Fruit Sauce
- 1 2/3 cups slaw-type dressing, divided
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup
- 1/3 cup cucumber, remove seeds, chop and drain on paper towel
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sauce: Mix together 2/3 cup slaw dressing, apricot preserves, chopped pecans
and chopped cucumber; set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and flaked coconut together.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Spoon remaining 1 cup slaw dressing
over each piece, and roll the pieces in the breadcrumb/coconut mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is
- Serve chicken with sauce on the side.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Recipe and photograph by T. Marzetti Company.
used with permission from
the Association for Dressings and Sauces.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.