Country Chicken Bake
- 3 to 4 pounds chicken, boiled and de-boned
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon sage*
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme*
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
* Or poultry seasoning
- Chicken: Place de-boned chicken in casserole dish.
- Melt margarine in pan and sauté onion and celery until tender.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper; place over chicken.
- Spoon Cornbread Topping over chicken, but DO NOT stir.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Save extra broth to use over leftovers.
- Cornbread Topping: Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in the shortening.
- Add eggs,
slightly beaten, and milk. Blend well.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.