Baked Chicken Recipes
Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab meat or 6 ounces imitation crab meat
- 1 can mushroom stems
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (10)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- In saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk and bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté onion in remaining 1 tablespoon butter until tender.
- Add crab meat, mushrooms, crushed saltines, parsley, salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of the white sauce; heat until warm.
- Place 1/2 cup or less of mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with wooden picks.
- Place in greased baking dish with secured side down. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until chicken runs clear.
- Sprinkle cheese and paprika on top.
- Bake uncovered 8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.