Crab Stuffed Chicken
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flaked fresh crabmeat or 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a medium baking dish.
- Cut horizontal slits in chicken to form pockets.
- Mix crabmeat, mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, egg yolks and crumbs
in a bowl.
- Stuff mixture into pockets.
- Roll chicken in flour to coat.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken.
- Cook until chicken in browned, about 5 minutes.
- Place chicken in prepared dish.
- Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes; place on a plate.
- Meanwhile, sauté shallot in wine in a non-stick skillet over medium heat
for 15 seconds.
- Cook sauce until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes; remove from
- Add remaining lemon juice and butter to skillet; stir until butter is melted.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Yield: 6 servings