- Chicken pieces (however many desired)
- Garlic powder
- 1 pat real butter per chicken piece
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put chicken into a large baking pan skin side down.
- Generously sprinkle
salt, pepper and garlic powder over all, then turn to coat other side.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over pieces, covering just to barely see chicken underneath
- Place a pat of butter on each piece. The more butter and sugar you use, the more "sauce" you will have.
- Bake for about 1 hour, basting chicken halfway through cooking and again
at end. Chicken is done when pierced and clear juice flows.
- Pour sauce over chicken to serve.