Creamy Tarragon Chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint
- Sliced Monterey jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
to 2 tablespoons tarragon
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add chicken and cook until browned,
- Remove from pan; reserve drippings.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan and sauté until tender.
- Add whipping cream
and cook until thickened.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Top with
cheese (to taste) and pour sauce over cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and
sprinkle with tarragon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with hot cooked rice or noodles.
Yield: 8 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.