Deep South Oven Chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 broiler-fryer, cut up
- Parsley sprigs (for garnish)
- In a large open roasting pan in a 400 degree F oven, melt butter and margarine.
- Meanwhile, on wax paper, combine baking mix, chopped pecans, paprika, salt
and poultry seasoning.
- Pour evaporated milk into a pie plate. Dip chicken pieces into milk, then
coat well with baking mix mixture.
- Place chicken pieces, skin side down, in a roasting pan.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
- With a pancake turner, carefully turn chicken pieces.
- Bake 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced
with a fork, covering with foil after 10 minutes if chicken begins to brown
- Arrange chicken on platter. Garnish with parsley sprigs.