Forty Cloves of Garlic Chicken
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) fryer
- 40 unpeeled garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Pan Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 40 reserved unpeeled garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove fat from rear cavity of chicken. Rinse chicken under cold running water
and pat dry with paper towels inside and out.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper,
and place breast side down in shallow roasting pan.
- Arrange unpeeled garlic cloves
around chicken in roasting pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pour wine over chicken and continue baking, basting every 20 minutes with pan
juices, until done.
- Remove chicken to heated platter, reserving pan juices.
- Serve with garlic or use garlic in sauce.
- Pan Sauce: Skim fat from roasting pan and discard.
- Place pan on burner over high
heat and add stock and cream. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, pop cooked garlic out of peels and puree in blender or food processor
fitted with steel knife.
- Stir garlic into sauce and cook another minute.
with salt and pepper and serve.
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.