Fruit Cocktail Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 whole chicken breasts, split
- 6 chicken legs and thighs
- 3 (16 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, liquid reserved
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 (10 ounce) jars sweet and sour sauce
- Place chicken, skin side up, in shallow roasting pan.
- Pour syrup from fruit and soy sauce over chicken.
- Add garlic.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour, basting often.
- Pour liquid from chicken into saucepan. Add sweet and sour sauce. Boil until
sauce thickens and is reduced to about 3 1/2 cups. This will take about 40 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bake chicken, uncovered, basting frequently, for about 30
- Add drained fruit and bake 30 minutes longer.
Yield: 12 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes