Garlic Roasted Chicken
- 1 large (5 pound) chicken, washed and giblets removed
- 3 large heads garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
- 1/2 small onion, peeled
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 small carrot
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put chicken into a roasting pan.
- Scatter garlic cloves around the bottom of pan.
- Stuff onion, carrot and rosemary into chicken cavity.
- Pour in order listed over the top of the chicken: chicken broth, wine and
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours, basting with the juice every 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with several garlic cloves from the roasting pan (skin slides
off when you pop them in your mouth) and the juice.
Yield: 3 or 4 servings