Hawaiian Layered Chicken
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rice, uncooked
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can shredded coconut
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Place half of chicken in bottom of large
shallow baking dish.
- Layer rice on top of chicken, then arrange remaining chicken on rice.
- Add a layer of coconut; then a layer of pineapple chunks.
- Dot marmalade in spaces between chunks of pineapple.
- Mix water, lemon juice and pineapple juice: pour over layers.
- Pour melted butter or margarine and soy sauce over all.
- Sprinkle ginger on top.
- Bake, covered, for 30-40 minutes or until chicken and rice are done.
- Remove cover during last 5 minutes of baking to let brown.
Yield: 8 servings