Honey-Baked Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 (3 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, quartered
- 1 (1 pound) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup bottled clear French dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken skin side
down in a lightly buttered 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Mix together honey, French dressing and tarragon. Brush chicken lightly
with some of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, brushing occasionally.
- Turn chicken skin side up and brush lightly with honey mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Add sweet potatoes and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer, brushing chicken and
potatoes occasionally with remaining honey mixture.
- Serve with pan juices.
Yield: 4 servings