As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F and have a large baking pan (9 x
- Set up a breading station with 3 shallow bowls, filling one with the
flour, one with the eggs and the last with the panko, plain breadcrumbs
and avocado oil. Season each with salt and pepper, mixing together to
combine. The texture of the breadcrumbs should feel and look like wet
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken, season generously on both sides with
salt and pepper. Starting with the flour, dredge on both sides, move on
to the egg to coat even and then cover with breadcrumbs. Transfer to the
baking pan. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, in a medium saucepan combine the honey,
orange juice, soy sauce, minced garlic, hot sauce, pepper and salt.
Bring to a boil and reduce down slightly.
- After 25 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven, using tongs turn
oven and lower the temperature to 350 degrees F. Pour over the glaze,
leaving about 1/4 in the saucepan.
- Return the chicken to the oven and continue to bake for another 10
- Place the saucepan with the remaining glaze back on the burner,
bring to a boil and continue to reduce until it is a nice thick syrup.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, transfer to a serving platter
and pour the cooked down glaze over the top. Sprinkle chopped parsley
over the top and serve.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): National Honey Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes