Honey Dijon Chicken
These moist tender chicken breasts are nicely browned and covered in a flavorful
sauce that gets its sweetness from honey and pineapple juice. It's tasty and
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (3 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rub chicken with garlic and garlic and thyme. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, pineapple juice and water until smooth.
in mustard and honey. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice or noodles if desired.
I serve half and freeze the other half. It freezes well up to 3 months.
To use frozen chicken: Completely thaw in the refrigerator.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until heated through.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/12/01 9:01:50 am.