Honey Five-Spiced Thighs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup buckwheat honey
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 (5-ounce) chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, for cooking
- In a shallow dish, combine the honey, orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, five-spice powder, garlic and salt.
- Toss the chicken thighs in the marinade, taking care not to pull away the skin.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the chicken, skin side down; cook until a rich mahogany color, about 3 minutes.
- Using tongs carefully flip each thigh; transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until the juices run clear and the meat is fully cooked, about 18 minutes.
- Transfer the thighs to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with fried rice, wasabi-whipped potatoes or Szechuan green beans.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes