Inside-Out "Fried" Chicken
- Vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 8 pieces skinless bone-in chicken, breasts, thighs or drumsticks
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Garlic powder, optional
- Cayenne, optional
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in a bowl large enough to hold all of it.
- Pour the oil over the chicken and rub it into all pieces. Set aside.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cornmeal and seasonings in a separate large bowl.
- Dredge the chicken through the breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange the chicken on a prepared pan so the pieces don't touch.
- Bake about 40 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking. The internal
temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees F.
- Serve hot.