Italian Chicken Rolls
You can experiment with using whatever type of cheese and meat that you like.
I have used mozzarella cheese for the provolone (and at times used both). It tastes
delicious with the ham but is equally delicious with Genoa salami and especially
delicious with prosciutto. However, you make it, it's sure to please.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 pounds)
- 8 thin slices ham, Genoa salami or prosciutto
- 4 slices provolone cheese or mozzarella, halved
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Place a slice of ham and half slice of cheese on each piece of chicken.
- Roll up from a short side and tuck in ends; secure with a wooden pick or butcher's
- In a shallow bowl, combine crumbs, grated cheese and parsley.
- Pour milk into another bowl. Dip chicken rolls into milk, then roll in crumb
- Place seam side down, in a greased baking dish or pan.
- Spray chicken with butter flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered for 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove wooden picks or string before serving.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and sauce with a salad and some crusty French
or Italian bread.
- Rolls can be wrapped and frozen up to 2 months.
- To use frozen chicken: Completely thaw in the refrigerator.
- Unwrap roll and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Spray with butter flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/12/01 8:04:45 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes