Jalapeño Chicken with Georgia Peaches
Seasoned chicken breasts are roasted surrounded by peaches, jalapeños, garlic and lemon.
- 2 whole chicken breasts with skin and bones about 2 pounds total), halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ripe Georgia peaches, pitted and quartered
- 3 medium onions, quartered lengthwise
- 6 jalapeño chiles, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Accompaniment: basmati rice
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and arrange skin sides up,
in an 18 x 11 1/2-inch roasting pan.
- Drizzle chicken with oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Scatter peaches, onions, jalapeños, garlic, and lemon over and around
- Reduce temperature to 375 degrees F and roast chicken, covered with
foil, 30 minutes more.
- Remove foil and roast chicken, basting occasionally with pan juices,
until peaches and onions are soft, about 30 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a platter, spooning any pan juices over it.
- Serve chicken with rice.
Recipe and photo credit: Georgia Peach Council.