- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 (9 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh jalapenos
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Brown chicken breasts in hot oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, sour cream and jalapenos.
- Crush tortilla chips and put in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish
sprayed with cooking spray.
- Dip each chicken breast into soup mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Lay chicken over the tortilla chips.
- Pour remaining soup mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 3 minutes before serving.