- 3 cut-up chickens (fryers)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches, sliced and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark sweet cherries, drained
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup brandy
- Wash chicken, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in large baking pan so pieces do not overlap.
- Pour melted margarine or butter over chicken.
- Place under broiler until brown. Watch carefully that chicken does not burn.
- Remove chicken from broiler.
- Combine fruit, onions, chicken broth and chili sauce. Spoon mixture over
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until chicken is tender at 325 degrees
- Just before serving, heat Worcestershire sauce and brandy in small saucepan
and pour over chicken.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings