Lemon Chicken Schnitzel
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- Cut chicken horizontally into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place between 2 pieces of wax paper and flatten chicken.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice: let stand 10 minutes.
- In shallow dish combine flour salt thyme and celery salt; mix well.
- In another shallow dish, lightly beat egg with water.
- Dip chicken into flour, then into egg, then into bread crumbs.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 400 degrees F/200 degrees C oven for 10-15 minutes or until chicken
is no longer pink.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Cookin'Mom at recipegoldmine.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: jeffreyww
>> Baked Chicken Recipes