Lone Star Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Place tomatoes and juice in a large sauce pan.
- Add onion, garlic, bay leaves, cumin, oregano and vinegar and stir to blend.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Simmer sauce on top of the stove, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Place sauce in an oven-safe covered casserole.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add chicken parts to casserole, pushing them down into the sauce.
- Cover and bake for about 1 hour.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes