Mexican Roast Chicken with Olive Salsa
This succulent roasted chicken uses a simple Mexican spice rub to bring the flavor
fiesta. Pair it with olive salsa for the perfect accent to your dinner.
- 2 teaspoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 (5 to 6 lb.) roasting chicken
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can Lindsay® Sliced Ripe Pitted Olives, drained, or 1 cup sliced Lindsay® Pimiento
- Stuffed Spanish Manzanilla Olives, or a combination
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or green onions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub oil over chicken; sprinkle chili powder, cumin and garlic salt evenly
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or
until internal temperature of thigh reaches 160 degrees F and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine olives, salsa and cilantro.
- Transfer chicken to carving board. Tent with foil; let stand for 5 to 10
- Carve chicken into pieces.
- Transfer 4 servings (4 pieces) to serving plates; serve with 1 cup of the
- Refrigerate remaining chicken and olive salsa mixture up to 4 days for Chicken
Tortilla Soup plus leftovers.
10 min prep | 1 hr cook | 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit: Lindsay - Bell-Carter Foods