Mother Lode Chicken
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, de-boned and halved
- 4 (2 x 1 1/2 x 1/4-inch) pieces Monterey jack jalapeno cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut a pocket in each half chicken breast about 3 x 2 inches. Do not cut
- Roll Monterey jack cheese in oregano and insert into pockets. Chill.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Roll stuffed breasts in flour and then in egg mixture.
- Heat oil and sauté breasts until crisp and brown. You may do this early
in the day before baking.
- Arrange in a baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
Yield: 4 servings