Old-Fashioned Chicken Loaf
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chicken
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chicken fat or butter, melted
- 2 cups chicken broth or milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chicken fat or butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms or stuffed olives
- Chicken: Boil chicken.
- Remove meat from bones and cut into small pieces.
- Beat eggs slightly; stir in rice, bread crumbs, fat or butter, broth or
milk, seasonings and chicken.
- Spoon into greased 1 1/2-quart casserole and bake at 350 degrees F for 50
minutes or until firm.
- Sauce: Blend fat and flour.
- Stir in chicken broth and cream. Cook slowly until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add parsley, salt and paprika.
- Add mushrooms or olives or a combination of both.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes