Old South Plantation Pudding
This is a very old and delicious Southern recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 2 cups whole wheat bread cubes
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a 2-quart saucepan, simmer onions, garlic, carrots, green pepper and
mushrooms in 3 cups of the chicken stock, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add bread cubes. Stir in chicken, hard-cooked eggs and parsley.
- Turn mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
- Heat the remaining cup of stock.
- Beat the raw eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the heated stock to the eggs while continuing to beat.
- Pour over mixture in casserole.
- Cover casserole and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes