Orange Cumin Chicken
The earthy flavor of cumin complements the orange in a seasoning paste that coats
chicken. High-heat oven roasting creates a tender, juicy chicken that is crisp on
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken parts
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Cumin Seed
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cumin, Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken. Trim excess fat.
- Grate peel from oranges (about 1 tablespoon).
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from orange into small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir until mixture forms a paste.
- Coat chicken pieces evenly with seasoning paste.
- Arrange chicken, skin-side up, in large shallow baking pan sprayed with
no stick cooking spray.
- Thinly slice orange halves and place over chicken.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 241 Sodium:
371mg Fat: 13g Carbohydrates: 5g Cholesterol: 82mg Protein: 26g Fiber: 1g
Recipe and photo credit: McCormick