Orange Glazed Chicken with Biscuits
- 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) fryer, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 cups prepared biscuit mix
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; coat chicken with flour mixture.
- Brown in hot shortening in heavy skillet. Cover; cook over low heat for
30 minutes or until tender.
- Place chicken in greased 11 3/4 x 7 1/2-inch baking dish; spread orange
marmalade over chicken, reserving 2 tablespoons for biscuits.
- Combine biscuit mix, orange rind and orange juice.
- Roll out; cut into 1 1/2-inch rounds.
- Place around edge of baking dish.
- Make a depression in top of each biscuit; fill with 1/2 teaspoon marmalade.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
Yield: 6 servings