Orange-Rosemary Glazed Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in and skin-on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 fresh rosemary branches
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Glaze: Combine in small saucepan the marmalade, orange juice,
vinegar, stock, garlic, rosemary, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the sauce into a small bowl and reserve.
- Pour remaining sauce into pitcher or serving bowl for passing at the table.
- Heat olive oil in large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Chicken: In small bowl, combine rosemary leaves, parsley, orange zest, salt and pepper;
rub all over chicken breasts.
- Place chicken, skin-side down, in skillet and brown, about 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Place rosemary branches in pan and place chicken breasts, skin-side up,
on top of the rosemary branches.
- Place in hot oven and roast 15 – 20 minutes, brushing chicken breasts with
1/4 cup of glaze several times during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Nutritional Information, Per Serving: 410 calories; 14 g fat; 3.5 g saturated
fat; 31 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 24 g sugars; 40 g protein
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Chicken Council
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes