Orange Sticky Chicken
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large orange
Spice Mix for One Chicken
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/3 tablespoons salt
- Place rinsed and prepared chickens in zip-top bags then rub all over, including
cavity, with the garlic.
- Mix the spices, then sprinkle spice mix over the chicken.
- Massage the bag to coat coat chicken evenly.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Next day (12-24 hours later), remove chicken from refrigerator and fill
cavity with a whole orange cut into chunks.
- Put into a large roaster with deep sides and roast chicken 5 hours at 250
- After juices have formed (about 1 1/2 hours), begin basting every 30 minutes
or so (or use a cooking bag).
To Freeze: This can be frozen with just the spice rub on before cooking, but
I prefer to make several of these and cook them completely and freeze fully cooked.
Simply bag and freeze. Warm in the microwave before serving.