Orange Sticky Chicken
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large orange
Spice Mix for One Chicken
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/3 tablespoons salt
- Place rinsed and prepared chickens in zip-top bags then rub all over, including
cavity, with the garlic.
- Mix the spices, then sprinkle spice mix over the chicken.
- Massage the bag to coat coat chicken evenly.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Next day (12-24 hours later), remove chicken from refrigerator and fill
cavity with a whole orange cut into chunks.
- Put into a large roaster with deep sides and roast chicken 5 hours at 250
- After juices have formed (about 1 1/2 hours), begin basting every 30 minutes
or so (or use a cooking bag).
To Freeze: This can be frozen with just the spice rub on before cooking, but
I prefer to make several of these and cook them completely and freeze fully cooked.
Simply bag and freeze. Warm in the microwave before serving.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes