Oven Fried Cinnamon Honey Chicken
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine flour with all spices.
- Beat egg and milk.
- Coat chicken pieces with flour.
- Combine breadcrumbs with egg mixture to form a soft moist mixture.
- Roll floured chicken pieces in moist crumb mixture and arrange skin side up in
- Sprinkle with the oil.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until crisp and brown. The last 15 minutes pour over
the combined melted butter, honey and lemon.
This recipe works well with skinless chicken.