Oven Roasted Ten Herb Chicken
- 4 halves small roasting chicken or 4 "airline" chicken breasts (they have the wing still attached to the breast)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon marjoram, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Potatoes and Beans
- 2 pounds new or fingerling potatoes, cooked
- 1 pound fresh green beans, blanched
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken: Combine all the ingredients, except chicken in a large enough bowl to hold
- Toss chicken in marinade and coat well with all the fresh herbs.
- Allow to marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Remove to a baking pan, skin side up, and place in a 500 degree F oven for
- Reduce the heat to 325 degrees F and bake until chicken is golden and tender,
about 15 minutes for the "airline breasts" and about 30 more minutes
for the chicken halves.
- Remove from oven and add 1 cup water to pan.
- Deglaze pan and serve chicken with pan juices.
- Potatoes and Beans: Slice the potatoes into 1-inch dice.
- Toss with beans, olive oil, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve alongside the chicken.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Recipethyme at Recipe Goldmine 8/28/2001 12:47 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes