Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
Baked chicken tenders with parmesan cheese and a touch of Italian seasoning are
a healthful and non-traditional alternative to frozen or fast food versions. Try
dipping these in your favorite marinara sauce for an extra Italian flare.
- 6 tablespoons Challenge Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Brown ‘n Spicy Mustard
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders (about 12-16; or 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, butterflied)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt butter and combine with red pepper.
- Brush about 2 tablespoons of the butter over a foil-lined 10 x 15-inch rimmed
baking pan and set the remaining butter aside.
- Whisk eggs and blend in mustard. Pour this egg mixture over the chicken
tenders and stir to coat.
- In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the egg mixture and dredge them in the bread
crumb/cheese mixture, thoroughly coating the pieces.
- Place the pieces on the prepared pan.
- Drizzle reserved butter mixture over the chicken tenders.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken pieces are browned and thoroughly
10 min Prep Time | 15 min Cook Time | 4 Servings
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Recipe and photo credit: ChallengeDairy.com