Peach and Ginger-Glazed Chicken Legs
- 2/3 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon English breakfast or other black tea leaves
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 4 chicken legs with thighs, preferably of equal size, blotted dry
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree the preserves, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and tea leaves in an electric
blender until smooth and scrape down the sides. If desired, add the red pepper
to taste. Set aside.
- Lightly brush the chicken legs with oil.
- Heat a large, heavy, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Put the legs, skin side down, in the pan and brown well, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, turn, season the second side with
salt and pepper, and pour on the glaze.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through
and the glaze has thickened, about 40 minutes, spooning the glaze over the legs
once or twice.
- Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle with a little cilantro, and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: The Wichita Eagle 01/02/02
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes