Pepper Jack Chicken Rolls
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup cornflake or dry bread crumbs
- Black pepper to taste
- Garlic salt to taste
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken between wax paper or plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4 inch
- Cut cheese into 4 sticks approximately 2 inches long by 1/2 inch thick.
- Place cheese stick in center of each chicken breast.
- Roll chicken around cheese, folding in ends. Secure with string or wooden
picks, if necessary.
- Mix crumbs with pepper, paprika, and garlic salt to taste.
- Dip chicken rolls into melted butter then in seasoned crumbs, turning to
coat all surfaces.
- Place in a baking dish and bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until
chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with salsa, black beans and rice, if desired.