- 2 fryers, cut up
- Garlic salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (17 ounce) can purple plums (reserve juice)
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- Prepare sauce day before or make and freeze (best when used cold).
- Sauce: Pit plums and put in blender to puree.
- Cook onion in butter until tender (not brown).
- Add plum puree with juice and all other ingredients (except chicken).
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Chicken: Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and bake at 375 degrees F for
45 minutes, skin side up.
- Baste with plum sauce.
- Bake another 45 minutes, basting generously with sauce until well coated.
- Serve with additional heated sauce.