Potato Chip and Pretzel Baked Chicken
- 2 ounces plain potato chips
- 2 ounces thin pretzel sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sweet white wine (such as Riesling)
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine the potato chips, pretzels and red pepper flakes,
then pulse until they are reduced to very fine crumbs.
- Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a second wide, shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and soy sauce. Set
- Carefully slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to create 2 thin
- One at a time, place the chicken breasts in the egg mixture, turning to
coat both sides.
- Dredge each fillet through the chip and pretzel mixture, coating both sides.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high, heat the oil until very
- Add the chicken and cook until brown on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the breasts, then place skillet in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Return the skillet to the stove top over medium-high heat.
- Add the wine, saffron, parsley and salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring and
scraping the bottom of the pan with a spoon to release any browned bits. Simmer
until the liquid is reduced by half, then add the butter and swirl it in until
- In a small glass, mix the cornstarch and water, then add to the skillet.
- Return to a simmer, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, about
1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the pan sauce.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 352 cal., 13 g fat (4 g sat), 118 mg
chol., 24 g carb., 25 g pro., 0 g fiber, 354 mg sodium
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes