- 1 (3 pound) chicken
- 1 medium onion, peeled and whole
- 1 rib celery
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup tomatoes with chiles
- 4 cups Fritos Corn Chips
- 2 cups grated American cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Cook chicken until tender with onion, celery, salt and enough water to cover.
- Bone chicken and cube.
- Strain broth, reserving 1 1/3 cups.
- Sauté chopped onion in shortening.
- Add soup, tomatoes and broth. Simmer 5 minutes.
- In electric skillet spread a layer of chicken, Fritos, sauce and cheese.
- Repeat, ending with cheese.
- Cover and cook at 250 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 200 degrees F and continue cooking for 40 minutes.