Red Chile Pecan Crusted Chicken
with Bourbon Cream Sauce
- 1 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chile powder or to taste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or to taste
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 4 chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil or pan spray
Bourbon Cream Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup bourbon or to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Chicken: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a large cookie sheet with vegetable oil or pan spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pecans, chile powder, brown sugar and
- Coat each side of the chicken breast in the pecan mixture.
- Lay the chicken breasts on the prepared pan, and bake for about 15 minutes
or until done.
- Top with Bourbon Cream Sauce and serve with your favorite side dish.
- Bourbon Cream Sauce: In a small saucepan, sauté the garlic in the oil for
about one minute.
- Pull the pan away from the stove and add the bourbon. BE CAREFUL! It will
flame on its own.
- When the flame has died, add the cream.
- Bring this to a boil and let reduce by half.