Red Curry-Coconut Chicken Breasts
- 4 large (10 ounce) chicken breast halves on the bone, with skin
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 1/3 cups light coconut milk
- Up to 1 day before you plan to serve, using a sharp knife, make 3 deep slashes
across the width of each chicken breast.
- Rub 1/2 tablespoon curry paste into the flesh of each breast, making sure
some of the paste gets into the slits.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour 1/3 cup of the coconut
milk over each breast.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt.
- Cover the baking dish and refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Heat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade separately,
and place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is firm to the touch. (Do not overcook.)
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the reserved marinade to a boil. Let
it boil for 1 to 2 minutes, lower the heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add salt to taste.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, transfer it to a platter, and sprinkle
it lightly with salt.
- Spoon the hot sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 312 cal., 8.30 g total fat (5.24 g saturated),
2.99 g carbo., 0 g fiber, 53.37 g pro. (Note: This is a very low carb dish, with
2.99 g carbo. minus fiber)