Roast Chicken with Potatoes, Olives
and Greek Seasoning
Chef Suzanne Goin of Lucques in Los Angeles uses Gourmet Collection Greek Seasoning
to add an authentic Greek taste to a roast chicken dinner including roasted potatoes
and onions plus spinach and olives highlighted with feta cheese.
- 4 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Greek Seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 whole chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 6 small Yukon gold potatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata or black olives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh spinach leaves
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the Greek seasoning with butter. Rub 3/4 of butter
mixture under chicken skin (breasts and legs) and remaining mixture on the outside
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the remaining Greek seasoning over outside of chicken.
Stuff 3 lemon halves inside the chicken cavity.
- Place chicken in roasting pan.
- Mix potatoes, oil and remaining 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning.
- Arrange potatoes around chicken in pan.
- Roast 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from oven. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to large skillet.
- Add olives, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add spinach; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until leaves wilt.
- Remove from heat.
- Gently stir in feta and juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Remove vegetables to large platter.
- Carve chicken and serve over vegetables.
Makes 6 servings | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 1 hr 45 min
For 1 serving Calories: 620 Sodium: 598mg Fat: 32g Carbohydrates: 36g Cholesterol:
153mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 47g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):