Roasted Sticky Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 very large roasting chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
- Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure
it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in a shallow
- Roast, uncovered, at 250 degrees F for 5 hours.
- After the first hour, baste chicken occasionally (every half hour or so)
with pan juices. The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan
and the chicken will turn golden brown. If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer,
- Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes