Spatchcocked Roasted Pesto Chicken
- 1 chicken, spatchcocked
- 1 cup jarred pesto
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Heat oven 425 degrees F.
- In small mixing bowl combine pesto and minced garlic.
- Place chicken on medium size roasting pan. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Coat chicken liberally with pesto mixture. Place in oven and brown skin
for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and roast for an additional 30-45
minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degree F.
- Serve with noodles and pesto or roasted parmesan vegetables.
Yield: 4 servings
To save time, use cut chicken pieces coated with pesto and bake for about
45 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Slow cooker: Coat dry chicken with pesto. Brown in 425 degrees F oven for 15
minutes for crispier skin; or omit this step, if desired. Place chicken in
slow cooker, and cook and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours. If you
want crispier skin, crack the lid towards the end of cooking time or finish in 4
25 degrees F oven.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: anotherpintplease
/ CC BY
>> Baked Chicken Recipes