Spicy Almond Chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (3 to 5 pound) broiler-fryer, cut up
- 1 (14 ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, and cook about 10 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet; cook over medium heat until currant
jelly dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture over chicken; cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Southern Living magazine
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes