Make rotisserie chicken at home!
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon white, black or garlic pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Mix spices. Rub over and into cavity of chicken WITH SKIN ON.
- Place chicken into a zipper-type bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag. Fill cavity with onions.
- Place chicken, breast side down, in a roasting pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered at 250 degrees F for 5 hours (yes, 250).
- Use the drippings for an awesome gravy.