Stuffed Chicken Breasts with
Gouda and Spinach
Stuffing chicken breasts is a beautiful way to dress up chicken. Not only does the stuffing add color, it is delicious as well!
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda or Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 9-inch square pan.
- Remove bones from chicken breasts. Do not remove skin. Loosen skin from
- In medium bowl, mix cheese, nutmeg and spinach until well blended. Spread
one-fourth of mixture evenly between meat and skin of each chicken breast.
skin over breasts, tucking under loose areas. Place chicken, skin sides up,
in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered 45 to 55 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when
center of thickest part is cut (170 degrees F).
Prep Time 20 min | Yield: 4 servings
Gouda cheese comes from Holland; it's actually the country's most famous exported
cheese. Gouda's mild, nutlike flavor and rich, creamy texture make it a classic
melting cheese. When sliced and fanned over seasoned noodles or rice, the presentation
of this fabulous chicken dish is absolutely elegant.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories255 ( Calories from
Fat115 ), Total Fat13 g (Saturated Fat5 g, ), Cholesterol85 mg Sodium550 mg Total
Carbohydrate3 g (Dietary Fiber1 g ), Protein32 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A86%; Vitamin C4%; Calcium18%; Iron10%
Exchanges:1 Vegetable; 4 Lean Meat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.