Stuffed Mexicali Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups crushed cheese crackers
- 2 tablespoons dry taco seasoning mix
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces Monterey jack pepper cheese, cut into 6 cubes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a large 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and taco seasoning mix; set
- With a kitchen mallet or rolling pin, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch
thickness between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Place a cube of cheese in the center of each chicken breast and roll up
tightly from the short side of each breast, tucking in the sides as you roll.
- Brush with the melted butter, then roll in the cracker crumb mixture, holding
the chicken rolls securely closed and coating on all sides.
- Place each rolled breast seam side down in its own muffin cup.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until no pink remains and the juices run clear.
- Serve at once.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes