Sweet Sticky Chicken
- 2-3 pounds chicken pieces (wings, parts, or cubed chicken)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup white sugar (or less if desired)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or less if desired)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 clove crushed fresh garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg and coat with flour.
- Heat butter and oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry chicken until deep brown, then drain on paper towels.
- Place browned chicken in prepared pan.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, sugars, vinegar, crushed garlic
(or powder) and salt.
- Pour sauce mixture over browned chicken, mix to coat well.
- Place sauce-coated chicken back in the oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes,
basting chicken with sauce often.
- When using the chicken parts or cubed chicken, sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Serve over rice.
Use chicken wings to make a great appetizer!
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes