Swiss Chicken Bake
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- 6 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, sautéed in a little butter
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (reduced fat or regular)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, white wine, or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a lightly sprayed 2-quart baking dish; add mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine soup, sour cream, and sherry.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or
until chicken is cooked through and casserole is bubbly.
- Place chicken on serving plate.
- Stir sauce to blend and serve with chicken.