Taco Chip Chicken
- 4 (3 ounce) skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped scallions or onions
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 4 taco shells, coarsely crushed
- 20 small pimento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, arrange chicken breasts with thicker parts toward
outside of the dish.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly
- Remove chicken to plate and set aside.
- In the same casserole, combine scallions (onions), pepper, celery and margarine;
microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once, until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes; microwave on HIGH for 5 to 7 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Arrange chicken on top of tomato mixture; sprinkle evenly with coarsely
crushed taco chips, cheese and olives.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Serve with rice and a salad.
Yield: 4 servings
Each serving: 1 fat, 2 1/2 proteins, 2 vegetables, 1/2 bread; per serving:
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Baked Chicken Recipes